Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sugar Donut Muffins, Part II

Okay, remember yesterday, how I said if I tried making the Sugar Donut Muffins again, I would use cider? Well, I tried it out this afternoon and Oh.My.God. These things are amazing.


They look delicious, right? I made a few more changes to the recipe I posted yesterday.



  • Substituted sweet apple cider for the milk and melted butter

  • Halved the amount of sugar used for the topping

  • Added about a teaspoon of cinnamon into the sugar

Al these changes made it so that each mini muffin is...*drum roll*...29 calories!!!!!!!! Whoo!!!! These taste exactly like the donuts at the orchard, except no frying or pounds of butter :D . Knowing my dad, these will definitely be gone by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Absolute wow. I'd love to bake these, they look amazing! Was the cider you used sparkling, or still? Mega yum.

    ReplyDelete