Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Homemade Pop Tarts

I've never been the biggest fan of pop-tarts, but when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it out.
So yummy!! I made these in three flavors; chocolate (melted milk chocolate chips), strawberry (no sugar added strawberry preserves), and apple cinnamon (apples tossed with brown sugar and cinnamon). All of them were amazing! The pastry was absolutely phenomenal, I found myself eating it plain (gasp!). ALthough the picture doesn't show it, I did top the pop tarts with icing (which I ran out of). I was afraid that the chocolate ones would be a bit too sweet with the icing, but it wasn't at all. They actually reminded me of the chocolate croissants that they used to sell at Panera (*faves*).

I do have a bunch of dough left over, and am debating if I should make more pop tarts, or if I should make a cinnamon apple roll up. Decisions, decisions. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment