Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hungry Girlfredo

Two recipes down today! First up, Hungry Girl's "Hungry Girlfredo" from the first Hungry Girl cookbook.

I'm sorry for the craptastic picture, this wasn't the most photogenic thing ever. I've made this recipe before, but didn't like it. Since then, I've been using regular pasta to make it, but I thought I would give the Tofu Shirataki noodles one more chance.


Some changes I made were that I used the angelhair version of the noodles (I thought that would cut down on the chewiness that turned me off), and I added a little over a tablespoon of bacon bits (homemade carbonara!!). I have to say that I am still not a fan of the noodles, there's something about them that just makes me want to gag. I thought I could get over anything, if its only 20 calories, but I just can't. I'll make it again with regular wheat pasta, but no more tofu.

No comments:

Post a Comment