Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tutti Fruitti Biscuits

Apparently I've watched Julie & Julia one too many times. That, combined with my wanting to lose weight, I've decided to do kindof the same thing. I'm going to (attempt) to cook my way through the Hungry Girl cookbooks. I probably won't do every recipe since I'm very picky with what I eat, but I'll probably make most. I will also try to take pictures of everything and post them on here. So without further ado, the first recipe I made were the "Tutti Fruitti Biscuits" from the 200 Under 200 cookbook. I'm kindof crazy in love with these things. They are HUGE, and only 119 calories per biscuit. They're really filling, and help to satisfy the sweet tooth I sometimes have in the morning. I did make one change to the recipe; I was out of strawberry preserves, so I used sugar-free blackberry jam instead. I love my blackberry jam, and it was perfect in these, it really gave it a great flavor. Definitely a recipe that I will make again. Well, there you go! 1 down, a zillion to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment