Sunday, January 23, 2011

Splurge - Chocolate Chip & Raisin White Cake Mix Cookies

Okay this next post is defintely NOT HG, but I had to post it anyway. My great grandma used to make these cookies when I was a kid. They were these amazing, soft, chocolate chip and raisin cookies. A few weeks ago, I started craving them, and my mom informed me that they were made with cake mix! Cue a week and a half of searching the 'net for recipes, and coming to terms with the fact that I was about to make something full fat and sugar. The recipe that I used was, apparently, taken from the back on a Duncan Hines cake mix box back in the 70s. I did add about a cup of raisins since that's how my grandma made them. These are SO GOOD. They taste exactly like the ones my grandma used to make. I might try modifying the recipe later (e.g. applesauce for oil), but I wanted to just make it straight the first time so I could have these cookies again.

I just figured out the calorie total for each cookie, and it ended up being 196 for 1 large cookie. Not good, but not too horrible either.

No comments:

Post a Comment