Friday, January 14, 2011

Honey Chicken

This recipe was a disaster, when I tryed to make it. But mom stepped it and made it all okay. I've said it once, and I'll say it again...I am a baker, not a cook. :) I mixed two recipes together to make this chicken; HG's Sesame Chicken and BlogChef's Honey Chicken.

I followed HG's recipe to make the chicken - baking it in the oven - and BlogChef's to make the sauce. I completely failed making the sauce. Our garlic was all dried out, so I used garlic powder, which burned when I added it to the oil. It was bad. Luckily, Mom actually knows what she's doing in the kitchen, and made another - perfect - batch. According to her, she did tweak the recipe a little bit. She added a bit more rice wine vinegar and almost doubled the honey.


This chicken is soooo good. The Chinese buffet near my house shut down recently, and I was lameting the fact that I could no longer get their honey chicken. Thank god I found a suitable replacement!


We served the chicken with white rice, and steamed broccoli with stir fry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment